Which brings up exciting news: Josh has an internship with the SEC in Washington DC this summer! He is looking for a full-time position, and wants to work for the government, especially the SEC, so this is a GREAT step in the right direction! And how is that related? I'm continuing to work on finishing up old projects. I'm almost done with Jonathan's quilt, embroidered by Grandma Bristow (Great Grandma Reid used to do them, but it's getting a little hard for her). I'm hand quilting it and have half a square to go before I am done and ready for binding. I have really enjoyed designing the quilting and doing it!
Jonathan and I had some great one-on-one time today with Melanie at a friend's house and Anna at preschool. He did really well yesterday with a nap from 2-3pm, so we're trying that again. He and I went on a walk, and went to say hello to the ducks and trucks. He had the greatest time watching all the cars and waving! He also found it quite exciting to spin around a signpost. :) Small pleasures. It was a lot of fun to enjoy my little boy.
A couple days ago he bonked his head on the windowsill by our couch, and split the skin by his eye open... Thankfully our neighbor who is a resident had some durabond(?) and steristrips to glue him back together. It was only about 1/2-3/4 of an inch, but it sure got my adrenaline pumping! It was too similar to when Melanie had to get stitches for falling off the top bunk and splitting the skin under her eye open. But he's doing great now.
Ooh, and Josh and I got to go out to brunch this morning at Northside Grill! It was a real treat! The pancakes were as big around as a large plate! We're celebrating our anniversary early, since it's on Sunday.
Hooray! I posted something again! And now it's time to go get Melanie from her friend's house!

2 comments:
Hey, guys, let's hook up! I don't know where you are planning on staying for the summer, but we're in Silver Spring. If you are coming down to look for housing, please feel free to stay with us!
That's great you are on a projects finishing kick. I need to get one of those to kick me in the pants so I can actually finish some projects too! Cute dresses and Jonathan sure is getting big and cute! Congrats to Josh on his internship - what a fun summer ahead of you!
Post a Comment