We were babysitting a friend the other day, and Jonathan was having a great time chasing her around with tickle fingers. They were having a great time!
The rest of our life this week has revolved around produce... I went shopping Monday night and went to Randazzo's (a great produce store), made my semi-annual Aldi's trip (a cheap canned goods store, now conveniently located only 20 minutes away instead of 40!), and also IKEA and Target... The car was full. I bought 5 bushels of apples, 50 lbs of plums, and at least a dozen cases of canned food, along with other more miscellaneous stuff. Oh, and the plums were only $4 total!!! They were moving them out, though they were still in GREAT condition!
So this week Josh and I spent many evenings over hot stoves, cooking pflaumenmuss (plum butter), apple butter, and applesauce, along with trying a load of canned plums to see what they taste like. We canned over 70 quarts of produce! I was pretty excited to be done. But boy do I feel prepared for the winter. We've got our food storage!
Hooray for homemade applesauce!!!

3 comments:
My, how he's changed these past few months! Good job on all your canning. Your hair is adorable, by the way!
Yay - you're back in the blogging scene! You always have been a homemaking wonder - go you with all that producing! I just heard about a cheap source of apples here, any tips on making applesauce? Cute haircut by the way! Keep the posts coming!
Wow! It made me tired just reading about all of the canning. Good work! Your hair does look cute:)
Post a Comment